Tuesday 8 July 2014

Review: Across the Mersey


Across the Mersey
Across the Mersey by Annie Groves

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This is one of my favourite genres, family saga. It took me a while to get into the story line and characters, marred by the presentation as a Kindle book. The location and characters change from paragraph to paragraph with no clear line spacing or other delineator to show that the scene has changed. In some cases scenes and characters changed mid paragraph, I had to go back and reread in several cases to make sure I had the right people in the right place! On at least one occasion the wrong character name was used ..... it's a shame because the lack of editing made what should have been a good read quite difficult to follow.

I will look for the next book in the series as I now feel I know the main characters well .... hopefully the publisher will have achieved better editing!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment