Saturday 8 December 2012

Review: The Narrowboat Girl


The Narrowboat Girl
The Narrowboat Girl by Annie Murray

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I love Annie Murray's books, so much detail and the characters are always interesting. The Narrowboat Girl follows the life of Maryann, devestated by the death of her father at a young age, her mother's remarriage forces her run away to her only real friend, canal boatman Joel, but the legacy of her step-father and unsympathetic mother mar her potential happiness forcing her to move on.

The description of life on the waterways is fascinating. The sequel [b:Water Gypsies|2847821|Water Gypsies|Annie Murray|http://www.goodreads.com/assets/nocover/60x80.png|2873940] is on my "To Read" shelf. I look forward to it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment