Sunday 30 December 2012

Review: A Friend Like Ben: A Mother Desperate for Love. a Little Boy Unable to Show It. a Cat That Brought Them Together


A Friend Like Ben: A Mother Desperate for Love. a Little Boy Unable to Show It. a Cat That Brought Them Together
A Friend Like Ben: A Mother Desperate for Love. a Little Boy Unable to Show It. a Cat That Brought Them Together by Julia Romp

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This is a beautiful book. The true story, told by Julia, a single mum with an autistic son. Her every day struggle to bring up George, to protect him and her love for him; her dedication. The breakthrough for George and Julia comes when a stray cat Ben finds them.

It's a book for anyone who has any connection to autism; for animal lovers; and for sheer enjoyment.

As predicted it made my cry. My very grateful thanks to my Mum, who bought me this book for Christmas.

And my very best wishes to the author Julia, to George and of course to their friend Ben the cat.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment