Saturday 3 January 2015

Janathon 2015 - 2

Where does the time go. I'm supposed to be retired, I used to work 16 hours a day, six and a half days a week. Now I don't but there still isn't enough time in the day ....

Yesterday (Janathon Day 2) my thighs were aching so much from the squats it was painful to move. Despite that I managed my planned daily walk. It wasn't quite so blustery as the day before and I made it a bit further than the first day, to the other side of Campo di Mari. 5.36 km in 1 hour, I can't keep up with my friend Vivia ( Grethic ) but at least I can say Janathon Day 2 - tick.

I failed on the squats, my aching thighs just could not manage!

Today (Janathon Day 3) - the dreaded shopping day. I hate shopping even more than I hate ironing. Shopping of all kinds - food, clothes, gadgets (marginally better), but still all shopping is hated. Despite getting up early and heading off first for the local shops then the big hypermarket it still seemed to take forever. The Ipercoop hypermarket was crammed with people .... what is it with Christmas and New Year, why is there still so much shopping to be done. I was only there because it is the easiest place to find sewing cottons and get other shopping done at the same time. It was midday by the time I arrived home; shopping unpacked, coffee drunk I set off for what I knew would only be a short walk. Friends arriving at 3pm meant I had to get home, have lunch, and make some attempt at tidying up!

How the weather has changed in just two days, blue blue skies, a gentle breeze, sun shining. Perfect Puglia weather! It was hot walking in the sun and my jacket soon came off. My tried and tested route towards the village of Lendinuso, turning off up towards the main road and back again makes a perfect thirty minute, 2.5 km walk. Janathon Day 3 - tick.

As it is only 3 pm, once friends have come and gone, squats may still be on the menu. The thighs are not aching quite so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment