Friday 23 January 2015

Janathon Day 23 : Help, the munchies are chasing me!


Too wet to get out and with aching legs any thoughts of exercise were not welcome in my restless brain today. I did have a mission today though and that was to get the Chrome Cast key set up on the TV in the living room; it's been working fine in the kitchen so it should be no problem. Well, almost no problem. I thought I had done it - but could not get anything from the laptop "cast" onto the TV screen. Much scratching of head until the lightbulb moment came ..... TV on one wifi network, laptop on the other. Doh!

You may ask what this has to do with exercising. On a rainy day, quite a lot. Unable or unwilling to face the elements I needed to resort to my Leslie Sansone Walk At Home app. 24 minutes and two miles of more than just walking later and that's today's exercise done for #janathon Day 23.



Why is it whenever the wet weather arrive it is swiftly followed by the munchies and my thoughts turn to baking? I love Great British Bake Off, Britain's Best Bakery and such like ..... but my weight doesn't.

With a bag of courgettes in the fridge my thoughts turned to chocolate courgette cake. Swapping out the butter for olive oil and the sugar for half sugar and Stevia must have helped a bit. Rather than bake a big cake I made the mixture into muffins ..... downside, muffins cooked in 30 minutes rather than the 60+ for a whole cake. The result was that the courgettes had not cooked completely into the cake mixture and there is the odd courgette strand and a distinct vegetable aroma about the muffins .... but they still taste good. However as they come in at 174 calories each they will have to be a seldom treat. Off to the freezer they go .....

#janathon stats so far
walking       75.76 km
cycling        23.75 km
squats          510
gardening   14.0 hours

#alchohol free in 2015 -  17 days (today is day 18 ... not tempting fate by counting  until after midnight!)

#weightloss2015        4.1kg ( at the end of three complete weeks )

No comments:

Post a Comment