Monday 26 January 2015

Janathon Day 26 : Putting a line under yesterday

Putting a line under yesterday indeed, put it behind me and not let it put me off track. Apart from an hour of moving and stacking firewood .... I tried to put a little extra effort into it by "jogging" from the driveway and up the steps to the verandah each time .... there was very little exercise yesterday.

Days out are always danger zones for me, yesterday in particular, as it was a slightly belated birthday celebration with a friend. Pre-lunch champagne aperitivo, lunch in a meat-lovers heaven restaurant with an extremely good red wine. I think that says it all.

Onwards and upwards. After a really bad night's sleep (now was that the wine?) the last thing I felt like doing was braving the elements, but this is day 26 of #janathon and not the time to quit. The cold wind is back, fleeced up and gloves on, the wind blew away the cobwebs if nothing else. Having downloaded one of the many 5k running trainer aps I thought today would be the day I would begin something a little more adventurous than walking. Think again ... I couldn't even manage the first minutes jogging. Maybe the effect of yesterday's festivities, or maybe I am just not ready.

With #janathon coming to an end it's time to think about what will follow it. #MakeTheChange2015 may fit the bill.



#janathon stats so far
walking       83.98 km
cycling        23.75 km
squats          510
gardening   14.0 hours

#alchohol free in 2015 -  19 days

#weightloss2015        4.1kg ( at the end of three complete weeks )

1 comment: