Sunday 18 January 2015

Janathon Day 18 : Foiled by geography.

Day 18 of the #janathon challenge and I was off to an early start this morning, full of beans. It's much milder here in Puglia (good) but the winter rains look like they are about to arrive (bad - except the garden needs it). Yesterday my excercise session was barrowing 15 quintale of firewood (olive) down a steep slope the basement. In case you are wondering 1 quintale is equal to 100kg. A tone is 1000kg, so one and half tons of wood. That'll do. Certainly it stretched different muscles, mainly the core and arms.

Once again I struck out along the coastal road and paths heading north through Torre San Gennaro and onwards and upwards. Or so I thought. My goal, as you may remember, is to follow the coast path until I reach Lido Cerano. I pushed on past my last turn around point ready to give it my best. Then I was foiled, the path petered out and I was standing on the edge of a cliff looking down at a small cove and the sea. Ah well, change of plan required, it seems next time I must first head inland and get past the inlet, if at all possible.



My stupid phone seized up on me at the turnaround point. It seems Endomondo, Music Player and the Camera altogether were just too much for it. So I lost all my GPS tracking data from the walk. When I mapped it manually, although I went further than Friday, the distance came out as less. Go figure.

#janathon stats so far
walking       58.51km
cycling        11.00km
squats         460
gardening   10.5 hours

#alchohol free in 2015 -  12 days (today is day 13 ... not tempting fate by counting it until after midnight!) I'm feeling good about this as it includes one lunch at friends, one lunch out and entertaining friends to lunch here today.

#weightloss2015        2.6kg


If the rainy weather is really arriving I guess I will be using Leslie Sansones Walk at Home 5 mile Fat Burning Walk. It worked for me four years ago; maybe time to break it out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment