Friday 16 January 2015

Janathon Day 16 - eek how did it get to be 6pm

I blinked and the day has gone. How did that happen?

Up early this morning, outside temperature 3C (yesterday it was -1 ); Italian lesson on Duolingo, then feeding the Casa Mare cats, those that are ours and those that come for food when there is no-one else around to feed them. Kitchen clean up duties, breakfast and out for my walk. Not having done much yesterday it had to be done. All fleeced up ... fleece pants, fleece jumper, fleece jacket, the one with all the pockets for mobile phone, keys, camera etc.

I set up at a fair pace, full of vim and vigour and enouraged by the fact that despite a day out yesterday with a restaurant lunch I had maintained my two week weight loss. Having had a small brain storm this morning I suddenly remember that I have GPS tracking on my phone ..... no more drawing my walking routes manually. Today I kept the pace up .... not least because I needed to get back home where OH was waiting. We've put it off and put if off but the dreaded shopping could be put off no longer.

I don't think I went much further than Wednesday ...... but look at the difference with the GPS tracking, 7 km in 1 hour. The route looks reasonably accurate to the one I actually took. There appears to be a point early on where I went in a straight line though houses and along non-existent roads / tracks. I'm guessing that the phone lost the GPS signal for a short while and then picked it up again and took me in a straight line, in fact shortening my true route. I assume a GPS tracker is more accurate than my manual routes?





Anyway halfway through #janathon I am very happy with that. And very happy that I have stuck with it so far. The end of the month doesn't look too far away, I'm already looking for my next challenge.

Now I know I am committing a cardinal sin but I have been weighing myself everyday. With bated breath this morning as there was not exercise in my day yesterday and eating out is always a minefield. As I maintained my two week loss I was happy. After this morning's walk, having returned home hot and sweaty, and going out into the real world it was imperative that I change clothes. Now I vaguely recall having read somewhere that you should not weigh yourself first thing in the morning, better after being up and moving around for a while. So I made that cardinal sin even worse by weighing myself again .... 0.2kg less than first thing, and a 0.1% drop in body fat. I hope that carries through to tomorrow morning  .... a downward trend I like very much.

It also brings me to the question ..... how do these "smart" scales measure body fat? Okay so they know I am female, my age and my height and of course my weight, but surely there is more to it than that. Any answers please?

As for the rest of the day .... DIY superstore, food hypermarket with the dreaded trolley trot, must have added at least another 2km to my daily total. I hate shopping. I can't be the only one. There has to be a better way. At least now I'm free of it for three or four weeks, fresh items and anything missing will come from local shops - a bicycle ride away. Combining errands with exercise sounds like a plan.

#janathon stats so far
walking       52..48km
cycling        11.00km
squats         460
gardening   9.5 hours

#alchohol free in 2015 -  10 days (today is day 11 ... not tempting fate by counting it until after midnight!)

#weightloss2015        2.6kg

Time to relax now.

No comments:

Post a Comment