Monday 12 January 2015

Janathon Day 12 : Blown Away

Full of beans .... jumped out of bed quite early and went straight into the 12 minute work out from the Lean and Clean first stage workout. This time I managed all the moves ... although my plank only lasted 5 seconds at the end. Baby steps for beginners, but we have to start somewhere.

Yet again another blustery day ..... as we were going to lunch with our friends Val and Mino I decided to walk to Casalabate despite the wind. I was due to be collected from Casalabate at 1pm so allowing myself an hour in the howling wind probably wasn't a good idea. Maybe it wasn't the time to meander down a different route and across the unmade up roads. Almost, but not quite, getting lost in the process.

Despite the wind and the mislaid route I made it in a little over an hour; if I'd had any cobwebs the wind would certainly have blown them away. There were a couple of brave windsurfers trying their luck at Lendinuso; surely the wind was too strong today. If the wind had been behind me instead of me heading into it I think I would have been windsurfing the streets. It made short shrift of the 20 euro note that literally flew out of my pocket when I pulled out my camera. That one's a gonner then.

By the time I was collected at Casalabate my hands were freezing (forgot my gloves, who needs them in Puglia, even in winter!) and my ears were falling off. Val's warm welcome and home-made curry lunch soon put that right.  I even surprised myself .... no wine. It was there, it was offered, but I just didn't want it. Trust me, had I wanted some I would have had some. Now it looks like I am well on the way to a full week without wine.

I think I  have been inspired by Tom Kerridge. We watched a recording of Food and Drink yesterday and saw the slimmed down Tom. A quick Google revealed his recipe for weight loss success.

In this article Tom is quoted as saying "one of the big problems of being a publican is that you're surrounded by beer, so I gave up drinking."  That combined with daily swimming and weaning himself off carbs resulted in a staggering weight loss of at least 84 pounds. "Weigh" to go Tom, those photos are going in my fridge door to inspire me some more. Along with a lighter me .... taken three and a half years ago when I last successfully lost what felt like a ton of weight. I will do it again .... I know I can, I know I can to quote a certain little train.

June 2010

Home now .... house is freezing, gas central heating blasting away while the fire gets going. Yesterday was such a beautiful day, I made the foolish comment "L'inverno é finito." in the market yesterday morning; to be told it was on it's way back, but only for one day the lady promised. We will see tomorrow. I am not liking this shivering windy Puglia winter.



#janathon stats so far
walking       38.52km
cycling        11.00km
squats         460
gardening   4.5 hours

#alchohol free in 2015 -  6 days (today is day 7 ... not tempting fate by counting it until after midnight!)

Tomorrow is another day!


1 comment:

  1. It must be nice to have the sea as your background when you train :-)

    ReplyDelete