Saturday 10 January 2015

Janathon Day 10 : Lost my mojo.

I work up this morning with a mild case of the blues. I've lost my mojo. No particular reason, a restless night but for me not too bad. The sun was shining, the sky was blue and the sea calm as a mill pond. The house was cold, really cold ... before next winter we really are going to have to address the issue of insulation, or no insulation as it really is. This is the coldest Puglia winter I have experienced in our 10 winters here. Tomorrow 17 degees and sunny is forecast, but 16 degrees and sunny is what Il Meteo claims it is today. It might be outside, it isn't inside.

Neither walking nor cycling appealed and I couldn't kick start myself into it, so I attacked the garden instead. Three hours of clearing, trimming, pruning, weeding and burning made me feel a whole lot better. Tomorrow is another day.

I hope gardening counts for #janathon, making a snowman does apparently, gardening certainly should. MyNetDiary, where I am tracking my calorie consumption and exercise claims 299 calories an hour for even a light gardening. Seems a bit excessive for me so I only logged two of the three hours.

#janathon stats so far
        walking        32.68km
        cycling           4.52km
        squats           330
        gardening     3 hours

#alchohol free in 2015 4 days

A presto!

No comments:

Post a Comment